Magento 2 - the new boy in the class
The first difference in Magento 2, versus Magento 1, is the architecture of the platform. In Magento 1, there have been some performance issues that have been improved in Magento 2. This means, among other things, that the Magento team has changed and added new technologies to the stack: Composer, Symfony and support of the latest versions of Apache and Nginx .
- Magento 2 supports the latest versions of PHP. Version 7 of PHP – the latest – has several important security enhancements.
- By default, Magento 2 is integrated with a JS bundler and minifier, which gives fewer requests in the browser and a faster user experience.
- Better browser caching for static content with full-page caching integrated by default.
- HTML5 and CSS3 are implemented by default in Magento 2 with a LESS pre-process in the theme coren.
Magento 2, like Magento 1, is a modular system. Therefore, you still need to develop an extension or module when you want to expand the existing functionality in Magento 2. However, with new technology in Magento 2 new possibilities have come when developing extensions.
One of the major challenges in Magento 1 is module conflicts. The market for modules is huge, which often results in the average shop owner having many modules installed. The more modules, the greater the risk of module conflicts. With Magento 2, it has become possible to overlap the core code instead of overwriting as you do in Magento 1. This makes it easier to avoid module conflicts.
Magento 2 is a major upgrade of the Magento 1 platform. The entire architecture has been redesigned and generally the platform is better on all parameters.
Magento 2 (2.3.0) is now officially compatible with PHP 7.2, and the well-known MySQL search engine has been replaced by ElasticSearch. It means better performance and better conditions to increase your conversion rate and improve your search engine optimization.
As your technical Magento partner, we can help you upgrade your existing Magento 1, or help you switch from another CMS.
We can help with:
- To move your current data to Magento 2.
- Redesign your storefront or convert your current design to Magento 2.
- Implement integrations.
- Develop new functionality specifically for your needs.
We are experts in moving Magento 1.X data to Magento 2, creating custom functions, enhancing appearance of your Webshop.
We build Magento extensions that related to Payment, Shipping, Catalog, Promotion, Checkout, Sales and Report.
We are doing Magento development since 2013 including Customisation, Bug Fixing and full store development.
Optimising the Magento store with Code Audit, Promotion Rules Audit & Suggestions, Fixing Indexing Bugs as well as Nginx and Apache Configurations
We are building custom PWA using Graphql and Nuxt.js as well as helping customer in VueStoreFront and ScandiPWA Development.
We proving Magento Maintenance service including Code Audit, Load Optimisation, Catalog Management, Sales Management and Custom Development.